Luminous Landscape Video Journal – Issue 15
On Location: Bangladesh
• Travel with Michael and the workshop participants on this photographically rich trip. This one hour video illustrates the ‘biblical’ scenes featured in Michael’s Bangladesh – First Impressions book. Experience the amazing scenes at the Sadarghat – Dhaka’s main ferry terminal, where fragile wooden water-taxis compete with huge ocean-going cargo ships and aggressive ferries & river barges. Journey down river to the magic and silent woodland of the Sunderban – home of the Bengal tiger and ‘mowglis’ – the mysterious honey-gatherers who risk all in the muddy forest. Above all, experience the amazing warmth and welcome of Bangladesh’s people – poor in material wealth but rich in strength and spirit. *Please note that the ship-breaking yards of Chittagong are featured in LLVJ-12
Techniques: Bill Atkinson on Colour Management
• The first of a two-part video featuring an in-depth discussion and illustration of colour management and profiling. Learn from the master!
– Profiles explained
– Profile creating Devices
– Colour gamut & colour spaces
– Render intent
– Conclusions: ‘What should I do?’
– Real world Results
Techniques: Matte Cutting & Print Mounting
• Bill Atkinson demonstrates his quick and accurate method of cutting attractive double mattes and shows how he mounts and packages his gallery prints.
Interview: Brooks Jensen of LensWork
• Michael interviews the creator and co-publisher of LensWork, the fine bi-monthly magazine on the art of Photography.
LLVJ 15 - IntroFREE2:45
Bangladesh LLVJ 1501:02:38
15 Bangladesh SlideshowFREE5:36
15 Andrew Chan SlideshowFREE3:48
Bill Atkinson on Colour Management30:26
Bill Atkinson on Matte Cutting & Print Mounting14:18
Brooks Jensen of LensWork32:11
You May Also Enjoy...
The Leica Story
A series of interviews and documentary videos created in a week’s long visit to Leica Camera in Wetzlar, Germany
Master: Charles Cramer
A series of 26 videos featuring Charles Cramer shot over the course of a week in Northern California. The videos are divided into five sections: Seeing