Luminous Landscape Video Journal – Issue 16
On Location: California.
• A photographic trip through the California Redwoods. After two days of shooting in the forest, the journey continues down the coast, then inland for a winter visit to Yosemite and onward to the central California coastline at Carmel and Big Sur. The segment features a close-up look at ‘medium format’ landscape photography with the Phase One P45 digital back paired with a Linhof technical field camera.
• A 20 minute video follows on the Luminous Landscape Gallery in Toronto. Michael looks at the material choices made to set up the gallery: lighting, hanging system etc. He also talks about the economics of running a photography gallery.
• Bill Atkinson: The second part of an interview with Bill Atkinson whose colour management and matting techniques were featured in LLVJ-15. Here we look at Bill’s landscape photography and the mineral photography for his book ‘Within the Stone‘. A discussion surrounding the colour management of offset printing gives insight into the challenges of photographic book production.
• Charles Cramer: Michael interviews well-known landscape photographer and educator Charles Cramer, with a look at some of Charles’ landscapes. A slideshow follows.
• Brooks Jensen: The second part of an interview with Brooks Jensen, publisher of LensWork. Here is a half hour look at Brooks’ photography and his intriguing printing & presentation methods. A slideshow follows.
LLVJ 16 - IntroFREE4:21
Gallery LLVJ 1622:26
You May Also Enjoy...
The Leica Story
A series of interviews and documentary videos created in a week’s long visit to Leica Camera in Wetzlar, Germany
Master: Charles Cramer
A series of 26 videos featuring Charles Cramer shot over the course of a week in Northern California. The videos are divided into five sections: Seeing